Portfolio - Product Positioning
Baum has helped launch dozens of startup companies by assisting
with corporate communications, product positioning, and marketing
strategy. Examples include:
- BackWeb - Remote access "offline infrastructure"
- Baltimore Technology - Digital Certificates and IPSec
security for VPN products
- RapidStream - multipurpose network security device
- Comergent - partner relationship management software
- MineShare - Business Intelligence software
- Shaman Corp. - Software reliability and change management
- NetDialog - Interactive call center solutions
- Bluestone - Web development tools
- Cloudscape - Mobile database technology
- VXTreme Corp. - Streaming video technology
- Siebel Systems - customer relationship management software
He also helps mature companies develop brands, position products,
and refine their go-to-market strategy.
When Computer Associates launched Jasmine in December of
1997, he was instrumental in positioning the product as a multimedia
authoring environment rather than just an object database. He developed
most of the collateral and press materials for the Jasmine launch,
one of the biggest in CA's history.
For Information Builders, Baum regularly consults with marketing
and PR executives in the New York office on strategic directions
and corporate strategy. These ideas are instrumental in positioning
its business intelligence and data integration software products.
For Infosys Technologies, Ltd. Baum helps corporate marketing
personnel articulate the views, directions and benefits of a unique
offshore delivery model for IT outsourcing.
Baum works closely with marketing executives at BellSouth
to position their data networking products for the General Business
and Enterprise markets. This involves creating sales presentations,
Web content, and articulating the benefits of various service offerings,
from Wireless Networking to Managed VPN.